Our services are free and confidential for women and men. Call 612-301-3433 and ask for an advocate.
Advocates can help you:
- Get immediate assistance and assure your safety
- Connect to therapy, shelters, and community resources
- Join a support group and get supportive counseling
- With legal services, courts, law enforcement, and forensic exams
- What is Domestic Violence?
- All acts of violence--physical or emotional--by a family member, partner, girlfriend, boyfriend, or children. It includes:
- Using physical force such as kicking, hitting, punching, biting, slapping, and hitting with objects
- Threats and insults
- Being controlled
- Being deprived of financial support