Clinical Quick Links
- Risk Assessment Tool. Estimate a person's 10-year risk of having a heart attack.
- CDC: Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Child and Teen Check Up from MDH.
- Bright Futures: National health promotion and disease prevention initiative from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Resources
Clinical Reference Tools
- Dynamed. Evidence-based clinical reference tool similar to UpToDate.
- UpToDate. An evidenced based review of most clinical topics with recommended diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- Contraceptive Technology
- U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2010: Adapted from the World Health Organization
- ADA: American Dental Association
- Diabetes Testing Supplies. For uninsured patients who cannot afford the expensive test strips (accu-chek, one touch, bayer, etc.) which cost more than $1 per strip.
- Target - Up&Up Glucometer ($15) and Up&Up test strips ($37 for #100 test strips OR $20 for #50 test strips)
- Wal-Mart - ReliOn Ultima Blood Glucose Monitor ($15) and Ultima test strips ($37 for #100 test strips OR $20 for #50 test strips)
- Drugs.com: Pill identification.
- FDA Drug Safety Alerts: A list of recent alerts from FDA.
- MA Preferred Drug List: A list of medicines that are allowed by Minnesota MA.
- Micromedex: Drug information resource.
- Minnesota Prescription Monitoring Program: Home page link.
- Minnesota Prescription Monitoring Program RxSentry Controlled Substance Prescription Query Database: Link to the login page.
- Over The Counter (OTC) Medications. The Dollar Tree (or other dollar stores) has a decent amount of medications for pain relief, allergies, constipation, diarrhea, cough/cold for $1.
- Pharmacy Generic Programs available for all patients but ideal for uninsured patients.
- RxAssist - Patient Assistance Programs for uninsured low income patients. See CUHCC's pharmacy resident.
- RxOutreach - Mail Order Generics for low income patients. CUHCC pharmacists can help patients apply and answer any questions.
- Smoking Cessation Medications. Uninsured patients can receive free nicotine replacement therapy including patches, gum or lozenges. Call QUITPLANR. Insured patients may use the program but will have to pay regular copay.
- Statin Decision Aid by Mayo Clinic.
- Fairview Health Services: Gateway to Fairview Health Services EMR and UpToDate.
- Handicap parking permit application
- HennepinCare Link: Login page to HCMC's EpicLink (EMR).
- Standards or care for hypertention: JNC 7 Express. The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.
- ICSI: Institute of Clinical Systems Improvement
- Got Your Shots? News.
- Immunization schedule: American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Immunization Registry.
- MDH Immunization Recommendations.
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Bio-Medical Library: Recommended links provided by the U of MN biomed library for clinicians
- MDCalc: Quick calculators for medical equations
- MDH: Minnesota Department of Health
- Metro Mobility Application
- Minnesota Community Measures
- myairmail: CUHCC's paging system
- Dash Diet: A link to a PDF for the DASH diet, used to treat hypertension through dietary intervention
- Changing Landscape Opioid Prescribing - Dr. Charlie Reznikoff
- FRAX Calculator: To determine likelihood of fracture to guide testing and treatment decisions for osteoporosis
- ACOG: American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- ICSI's Health Care Guideline: Routine Prenatal Care: Standards of Prenatal Care
- Preventive Services Tool: USPFTF tool to determine preventive services recommended by age
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Recommended preventive services A-Z Topic Guide
- APA: American Psychiatric Association
- SuccessEHS: Click here for instructions to access EHS from a personal computer, and the log in screen is here.
- CDC Traveler's Health: Recommendations from the CDC for global travel.
- Travax: Travel tinerary-based reports, handouts, maps, profiles, vaccine recommendations, safety considerations for practitioners & travelers.
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health, University of California, San Francisco